Sunday 8 April 2012

Mommy Cool

Happy Easter everyone! So after majorly over indulging at the Brighton Food Festival's Sussex Market yesterday I wanted to take a moment to think about the other side of Easter... and no I'm not talking about the beardy dude in white robes. I like to stuff myself with chocolate until I feel sick as much as the next person but the Easter holidays is also a great time to catch up with relatives. We have had lots of Mother, daughter shopping duos in Mamasan over the past few days which I love so I wanted to dedicate this post to all the cool Mums out there.

I don't know how it is for boys but as a girl I cannot underestimate what a great influence my Mum's style had on me as I was growing up. Her auburn curly hair, long red nails, bright lipsticks, gold watch necklaces and oversized men's clothes have always stuck in my mind. At school I got a mixed reaction of teasing and envy because my Mum was different. But I am so grateful to have such a cool mum that has passed on some of her confidence and creativity to me!

Here are some of my favourite Mommy Cools:




M.I.A and her son Ikhyd

























Gwen Stefani and her kids, Kingston and Zuma.





































Mamasan customer, Jane Goldman and the Ross family.




















Kate Moss and daughter Lila.














Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean



















Pink and daughter Willow
























Maggie Gylenhaal and daughter Ramona


































And this Mama inspired post would of course be incomplete without.....



Let us know about your #mommycool on twitter @mamamsanbrighton or if you have a fave celeb mum we've missed out! Send us your thoughts and pictures if you'd like to and hopefully I can persuade Mama San's very own Mommy cools Cindy and Posy to give us a pic too! Peace and Love to all the Mums out there! xX☼♡♥Xx

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these. That outfit M.I.A. wore when she was pregnant was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete