Friday 16 March 2012

We heart specs


Andy Warhol





Tavi Gevinson




Morrissey




D.M.C




Yves Saint Laurent





Bridget Bardot




Kurt Cobain





Kathleen Hanna






Marilyn Monroe




Terry Richardson






Debbie Harry






Carri Munden





Me



When I was a girl I always wanted to wear reading glasses. My Auntie Ronnie used to own what seemed like hundreds,every size and colour you could think of. Her glasses would always match her outfit. Needless to say, I thought she was utterly fabulous.

Then when I hit my teens, eye tests confirmed I was shortsighted and I needed to wear glasses. I did'nt like the look, the choice of frames were limited, none of my friends wore them and the boys called me four eyes. The whole thing just pissed me off, but what could I do, I needed them to see.

When I started College, my friend and I used to go Charity Shops and try on reading glasses that no one wanted. We did it for fun and it was'nt until years later that I began experimenting with wearing vintage glasses.
I never felt designer glasses really suited me, and I was a bit fed up with paying shit loads for the frames, so I would go hunting for old frames in charity shops. Once found, I took them to an opticians and got prescription lenses fitted. I'm pretty into wearing my specs nowadays, and feel a little naked without them.

Just recently specs have had a bit of a revival, lots of people are wearing them as an accessory, to make a statement or just for fun.

Like our celebs shows, there's lots of different ways to wear your specs. Old school glam to rock n roll, geek to sex kitten, Vintage to Hip hop, 80's starlet to serious artist. Whatever look you choose to rock, don't forget to have fun wearing them x


No comments:

Post a Comment