Friday 12 February 2010

Goodbye Alexander the great







I was in a middle of doing a photo shoot yesterday when I heard the sad sad news of the death of Alexander McQueen. I have always admired his innovative designs, and in awe of his catwalk shows. One of the reasons I was also drawn to him was because he was considered the "hooligan of English fashion" and "enfant terrible" by the french press.
In 1998 his show included car robots spraying paint over a model wearing a white dress and an amputee walking down the catwalk with wooden legs.
I had never seen anything like it and from that moment on I considered him the most exciting designer ever, who was'nt afraid of doing things his way and never conventional.
He was hugely inspirational and simply a genius. RIP Mr Lee "Alexander" McQueen.







No comments:

Post a Comment