Friday 11 December 2009

Love this Love Story


I watched "The Way We Were" again last week. I'd forgotten how fabulous this film was. Streisand and Redford are totally amazing. I love Streisand's character Katie. She is headstrong, intelligent, stands up for what she believes in yet she is vulnerable, caring and sooooo in love with Hubbell. As for Redford - Hubbell, the face of an Angel, but how can one forgive his actions towards the end of the film ? Although I know the ending, I always wish it could turn out differently every time I watch it.
There are so many amazing scenes in this film but I chose this one because it is the first time the two character's engage in a proper conversation and the part where Hubbel ties up Katie's shoe lace at the end is one of the most romantic scenes I have ever seen. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment